Schools Open, Help Our Students be Safe
Another summer break is over and school has started in Weber School District. This means more than 30,000 students will be bused, walk, or be driven to school each day. We remind motorists to be alert, make a full stop when bus lights are flashing , and slow down for school zones and where students are present. Walkers are reminded to:
• Follow the approved walking route established by your school Child Access Routing Plan.
• Listen to the instructions of crossing guards.
• Cross at the corner or at an intersection.
• Stop at the edge of parked cars, the curb, or other vehicles.
• Look LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT for moving cars.
• Cross when clear, and keep looking left and right.
• Walk, don’t run or dart, into the street.
• If riding a bike, get off and walk the bike at cross walks.
• Look for signs that a car is about to move (rear lights, exhaust smoke, sound of motor, wheels turning).
• Walk alertly; use your eyes and your ears to increase your safety.
• Walk in groups.